Sunday 6 December 2009

Look at this Place!

An economy crumbling, an environment that politicians say they care about but they always backout at the last moment infuriating the environmentally friendly community.

They say society is hierachial, is it so hierachial no one cares anymore?
If you do care, do you find everyone around you doesn't care?
Reasons to just crawl into a small box and forget the outside world exists.
Especially when no one appears to pay attention.

It starts to make things sound like George Orwell's Animal Farm, PIGS!
"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others."

Here are two thoughts to go investigate:

When doing nothing is an option: by Clive James
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8395780.stm

Thinking Allowed, or should that be Thinking Aloud?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qy05

Who or what is driving this place in to such a devoid and horrible meaningless place?
Hope after all is a bad thing, or is it? Go see The Shawshank Redemption

Pink Floyd: One Of My Turns

"Oh my God! What a fabulous room! Are all these your guitars?
[Film in background: "I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean to startle you!]
"This place is bigger than our apartment!
[Film: "Let me know when you're entering a room"
"Yes sir!"]
"erm, Can I get a drink of water?
[Film: "I was wondering about ..."]
"You want some, huh?"
[Film: "Yes"]
"Oh wow, look at this tub? Do you wanna take a baaaath?"
[Film: "I'll have to find out from Mrs. Bancroft what time she wants to meet us, for her main ..."]
"What are watching?"
[Film: "If you'll just let me know as soon as you can ... Mrs Bancroft" "Mrs Bancroft ..."]
"Hello?"
[Film: "I don't understand ..."]
"Are you feeling okay?..."

No comments:

Post a Comment