Tuesday 6 July 2010

The Music is Talking

Insomnia has taken hold, I can't sleep more than a few hours and now I have noticed that many pieces of music I thought I knew, particularly some recent classical stuff isn't quite what I thought it was.

I've muddled up some Karl Jenkins - Requiem with some music played by an Orchestral band who rewrites some rather heavy rock stuff from Germany. Only it turns out neither is it used by Karl Jenkins or the Orchestral band. I think its because the chords and timing is so similar with the chamber section that I found the similarity. It makes me wonder if anyone copied the music idea as the similarity begins with the film Insomnia (2002) of all places. The Orchestral music only came out a few months ago. Weirder still, Insomnia (2002) in itself is a remake of the Norwegian film version (1997). And I am suffering from way too little sleep as I try to piece this all together.

Picture from the Mark Hess Collection



No comments:

Post a Comment