Thursday 6 August 2009

Anne

"I bring it upon myself. I have as a woman, a need to fight the ladies corner. Equal rights all the way no more of this man lead world- I believe in a free place, but everywhere I look I find trouble. It is time to put the place right.

I stand-in my living room- to address all of you who now know that if we are to keep ourselves and the places we live free from all the adverse affects that man has done. We need to make ourselves the career woman with nanny's at home, take us back to the 20th century where woman could work at home. I expect all people to become career minded."

Anne sat listening to this garble she had just read out loud into a Dictaphone and felt it was not her way, with the admiration of what it all started with for feminism and beliefs of what should be happening, it turned out. That very little of it would or did hold true. To Anne, the balance was almost right already, no change was needed particularly, just small issues were needing to be ironed out.

Anne decided to go back in time by listening to some music. She poured herself another glass of white wine and sat in her soft chair, legs dangling over the side listening to Learning to Fly by Pink Floyd. As a young girl still she had found the 80s style of music very interesting, but needed something relatively soothing and yet with a beat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-Nacm-pKc&feature=related

Meanwhile, David sat in his cell. Well he thought it a cell. He had carried his though processes through somewhat. But, there was one problem. With having found out about TIF he had noticed what imagery they had used and hunted for the Album. The Division Bell. When David mentioned this to the guards last night, they got hold of a copy for him. However, they were in control of the stereo system and kept playing the CD, David particularly noticed Wearing the Inside Out by Pink Floyd. He started to rehearse his methodology for escape. Having spent so long in solitude other than the "HMP Mental Institution" David decided he would manage to survive on the outside.

From morning to night I stayed out of sight
Didn't recognise I'd become
No more than alive I'd barely survive
In a word...overrun

Won't hear a sound He's curled into the corner
From my mouth But still the screen is flickering
I've spent too long With an endless stream of garbage to
On the inside out ....curse the place
My skin is cold In a sea of random images
To the human touch The self-destructing animal
This bleeding heart's Waiting for the waves to break
Not beating much

I murmured a vow of silence and now
I don't even hear when I think aloud
Extinguished by light I turn on the night
Wear its darkness with an empty smile

I'm creeping back to life
My nervous system all away
I'm wearing the inside out

Look at him now
He's paler somehow
But he's coming round
He's starting to choke
It's been so long since he spoke
Well he can have the words right from my mouth

And with these words I can see
Clear through the clouds that covered me
Just give it time then speak my name
Now we can hear ourselves again

I'm holding out He's standing on the threshold
For the day Caught in fiery anger
When all the clouds And hurled into the furnace he'll
Have blown away ...curse the place
I'm with you now He's torn in all directions
Can speak your name And the still the screen is flickering
Now we can hear Waiting for the flames to break
Ourselves again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENzacvB8nJA
Little did Anne or David know that they were listening to the same Album. In fact Anne didn't know David was coming to find her. He knew the connection. David carried on writing in his diary, but kept it in code. To him, the institution would never work out what he had written, to him everything made sense.

The doctors meanwhile kept him dosed up on tablets because of his increasing signs of memory troubles, visual hallucinations and where he started talking to himself about escaping to the outside world.
To the guards and the doctors, everything was normal in their environment. Unfortunately to David the world had become a very damaging place and he was not in any fit state, although the doctors did have a connection to TIF.
"Everyone knows everyone elses business."
Now we can hear our selves again...